Play Me Records doesn’t always do D&B releases but when they do greatness ensues. Check out the latest release by Des McMahon.
The Second Renaissance EP is a brilliant and diverse piece of work, blending dystopian future soundscapes with driving beats and twisted neuro bass lines. The title track’s necks-napping breaks and soaring reese style bass lines start this release with big energy, while Stephen Parsons melancholy guitar licks drive us through to the other side. “Blackhearted”, a rolling bass driven track flaunts an eerie vocal aesthetic. “Stone Fists” brings the grit, spouting distorted bursts of bass and a trance inducing repetition, while the bass line in “Voodoo” will send shivers down your spine as it warbles and modulates, creating an undeniably addictive bounce.
1. The Second Renaissance ft. Stephen Parsons
3. Stone Fists
Follow Des McMahon:
– Facebook: www.facebook.com/desmcmahon
– Soundcloud: @desmcmahon
– Twitter: www.twitter.com/desmcmahon
For Play Me updates and future releases, be sure to follow us at:
– Facebook: www.facebook.com/playmerecords
– Twitter: www.twitter.com/playmerecords
– Soundcloud: @playmerecords
– YouTube: www.youtube.com/playmerecords